passionate about empowering people through technology
searching for full-time software engineering opportunities so let me know if you are hiring!
born and raised in Nairobi
living in San Jose, CA
graduated from Boston University in May 2020
with a B.A. in Computer Science and minor in Business Administration & Management.
English, French, Kiswahili
full-stack + front-end development, fintech, online privacy and cryptography, education tech
reading, tennis, running, painting (acrylic & watercolour)
hiked Mount Kenya, Mount Kilimanjaro (Tanzania), Acatenango Volcano (Guatemala)
Frameworks: Angular, Ionic, Express, Flask, React, Node.js
Royal Circuits Solutions Hollister, CA | August 2020 - Present
Software & Application Innovation Lab (SAIL) @ BU Hariri Institute of Computing Boston, MA | May 2019 - May 2020
Software Engineer Intern
• Co-engineered front-end mobile application, Game-Plan helping people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) plan and navigate their day-to-day lives.
Boston University Boston, MA | January 2020 - May 2020
Directed Research Study
• Designed a secure multi-party computation (MPC) algorithm for a privacy-preserving machine learning model, to predict public opinion election polling results using web browsing histories, while protecting parties’ inputs.
Fire Tech Camp London, UK | July 2018 - August 2018
• Instructed beginner and advanced “Teen Coding with Python” courses with challenge-based learning
and examples tailored to students’ interests to empower them to use technology to approach and
• Awarded Star Tutor of the Week.
Business & Technology Club (BizTech) @ Boston University Boston, MA | September 2018 - December 2019
Director of Operations - E-Board
• Organized “Tech for Society” conference for ~150 students to give participants insight into the future of
technology. Specifically, managed logistical and operational functions and planned the “Cybersecurity
and Privacy” panel.
• Led Python workshop initiative to help students improve their technical skills and gain technical project experience.